Everything You Need to Know to Start Your Own Computer Consulting Business...and Become Successful in It
The only book for independent computer consultants that gives down-to-earth advice from a veteran who has done it all
Would you like to 1) make more money; 2) have more control over your schedule; 3) decide which clients you want to work for; and 4) choose projects that match your interests and abilities? Then you should read Getting Started as an Independent Computer Consultant. In this book I will tell you:
- How to locate new clients;
- How to negotiate the best rates and terms;
- How to avoid costly mistakes made by new consultants;
- How to differentiate yourself from the competition; and
- How to prepare yourself for self-employment.
Click HERE to order from Amazon
Watch my Instructional DVD
Included in the paperback edition of this book is a 75-minute instructional DVD. I will take you on an entertaining journey through the lucrative world of independent consulting.
Watch the DVD on Your iPad or iPhone
Would you like to start watching the DVD in the next five minutes? You can register for the online, on demand version for only $29 USD. You can view all 14 videos whenever you like, for as often as you like, for up to 90 days (see "Table of Contents" below for a list of the 14 videos).
There is a 30-day money back guarantee for the online video series. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, all of your money will be promptly refunded.
"I read your book carefully, from cover to cover. I also took notes while watching your DVD. The combination of the two mediums certainly increased my retention level. The book is excellent, and very timely. In fact, I wish I had your material in the 1990's". - Joe Tierney, PMP, Houston, TX
Click HERE to register for the online, on demand video series - only $29
Take a Test Drive
Click the link below to watch the "Chapter 3 - Roles and Projects" video on YouTube for free (10 minutes):
Click HERE to watch Roles and Projects for Independent Computer Consultants
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Are You Ready?
- Chapter 2 - Identifying Your Niche
- Chapter 3 - Roles and Projects
- Chapter 4 - How to Market Yourself Effectively
- Chapter 5 - How Much Should I Charge?
- Chapter 6 - Creating a Business Entity That Works for You
- Chapter 7 - Insurance for the Self-Employed
- Chapter 8 - Retirement Options for the Self-Employed
- Chapter 9 - Income Tax Considerations for the Self-Employed
- Chapter 10 - Surviving Business Travel
- Chapter 11 - Dealing with Difficult Clients
- Chapter 12 - Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Chapter 13 - Preparing Yourself for Self-Employment
This book is also available in a Kindle (eBook) edition from Amazon.
Book cover designed by Karrie Ross.
Click HERE to watch your personal YouTube greeting from me (20 seconds)
"The knowledge that Mitch shares in his book is certain to help anyone thinking of independent consulting avoid traps and achieve success more rapidly." - Bill Monachino, President, MMY Consulting, Inc.
Getting Started as an Independent Computer Consultant won a merit award in 2009 from the Colorado Independent Publishers Association.
"If you are currently working in IT and considering going out on your own, Mitch Paioff's book is a must read. Mitch's perspective is unique because he has lived it himself..." - Eric C. Burling, Founder, Son Systems International
Why wait? Order your copy of Getting Started as an Independent Computer Consultant today!
Carlisle Jacobs, LLC
Fax (303) 459-7593
Copyright © 2018 by Mitch Paioff All rights reserved